Monday 11 January 2010

Slow Start to the New Year!


Happy New year everyone!  I can't believe that this is the first thing I have made since before Christmas, gosh!
This card is for Charlotte, my three year old Goddaughter, it kick-started me into getting those inks and stamps out.  I don't know why, I had all of Christmas with hardly any visitors, hardly went anywhere (mainly because of the weather) and this past week or so with being stuck in, you would think it ideal crafting time, but no....I have been under the blanket, watching TV, reading or crocheting nd not had much interest in that craft desk at all.  What is wrong with me?  Should I see a Doctor? 

Am I losing interest?  I need some new projects I think, getting a bit bored and want to try something new, so I have bought some clay , have lots of paints, also sorted through my sewing box and realised that I have some nice bits I can use on something.....don't know what yet, but I am always inspired by both Pattie and Astrid with the lovely things they make.  I wonder if rushing to make all those Christmas cards put too much stress on me and the thought of making another card was not filling me with any joy.  I also bought some Grungepaper from The Artisic Stamper, so might have a try and these lovely flowers everyone is making, will have to see.
Both these stamps are freebies from magazines and they are inked up with wild plum Adirondack ink.
Carol x

7 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Carol

You are not alone, it's a combination of Chrismas aftermath, the weather and general time of year I think.

I have been much the same and really found it difficult since Chrismtas. Although I have been doing blogging things, I have not made anything like the colume of card I normally would.

Chin up and think of Spring, that's what keeps me going.

B x

Lynn Stevens said...

Hi Carol I think sometimes we all just need a break once in awhile. Don't worry about a DR visit ,spend the cash on supplies!!!It is cheaper than therapy! LOL. If your looking for inspiration Gingernap creations always has some fun things going on and prizes too. Your little card for your God daugher is adorable.
Thanks for all your kinds words!

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

The last time I took a crafty break, it took several months before I could see past the pressures of life to get my mojo back. I even thought of getting rid of all my stash, as I couldn't see myself ever making a card again! Horror of horrors!! So glad I didn't part with anything!

This is not a bad start back into the flow, mrs.. not bad at all. Perfect for your God-daughter. Great image.

Hugs,
Chris xx

P.S. Thanks so much for your kind comments on my blog! :o)

lesleyanne said...

hi carol you really must have a
go at the grunge paper roses
so much,fun
have posted my first attempt on my
blog
lesley x

Anonymous said...

Oh thats cute and love the crown :)
Hugs June xxxx

My name is Cindy said...

Oh you just have to hang on in there Caro. For myself, I have not done much but make cards, it's the other altered art stuff I have only just got back in to this week. Lovely card by the way.

Artyjen said...

Hope you get back in the swing soon...I had a bad spell last year....but you never know what is round the corner!!! ;)
xoxo

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive