Friday 2 October 2009

Another Mirror!


I have made another of these mirrors for a moving in pressie for a friend of mine.  For those of you who may be looking for the first time, it is an Ikea mirror (I think they are only 99p).  The very middle is covered with gold gilt cream, the tiles are Stampbord that are individually inked up with alcohol inks, stamped with black StazOn and then polished with an antique wax, which gives them more of an aged look. I was so intent in getting the right tile in the right place and having an awful time with my pot of glue that the hanging fixture is in the wrong place, so I have to put another on on the back, doh!  I hope she likes it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is so gorgeous. Beautiful work and detailed stamping. I keep meaning to buy more stampbord and have a go at this kind of thing. What is the finish wax you use please ?
Hugs June xxx

My name is Cindy said...

The mirror is just stunning Carol - will have definitely have to make the trip to IKEA as I would love to do more of these.

And yes, I have done the thing with the back as well - so fixated on the front I do it the wrong way, doh.

Shannon said...

This mirror is absolutely breathtaking. Wow, I am so in love with this mirror. What an inspiration it is for me. This mirror makes me want to try so many different art projects. It's truly stunning.

Thank you so much for the lovely and kind words you wrote about my card for the Stempelglede contest, you made my whole day. But even more I am glad you left a comment so that I could discover your beautiful blog. I have now added you to my favorites.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive