Friday 25 February 2011

Alcohol Inks on Glass

It's a HAT TRICK
three posts in one week!!!!!!!

Inspired by the article in the last Craft Stamper magazine I decided to try out the Ranger Memory Glass that Janette gave me saying "had these for some time now and never really used them, thought you might find something to do with them"....thanks Janette and thanks CS.  You could of course use acetate and get the same effect, but the glass gives the whole card a lovely feel and the glass is cut perfectly square and believe it or not, the glass is less sharp than when you cut acetate.  You could of course use microscope slides, which are a lot cheaper and definitely what I will be buying next time; I saw a pack of 50 for something like £2.00 plus packaging on Ebay.  These pieces of glass were simply covered in two colours of Ranger Alcohol Inks (Butterscotch and Denim).  The blue has become lost when reacting with the butterscotch so mainly looks yellow and green.  On the opposite side I have inked up the stamp with VersaMark clear inkpad and added black embossing powder before melting with a heat gun.  Incidently my clear inkpad was brought back to life with a couple of small spoonfuls of glycerine that cost £0.80 in the chemist....I love saving money on craft, it leaves me more to buy new stamps or papers.

Anyway, gabbling away there.....this is the finished article which I will be handing as the card is rather big  (A4 folded in half horizontally) and I am not sure how the glass will fare through the post.

Hope she likes it :)

3 comments:

lisa said...

Gosh, you have been busy this week, Carol and so creative. I'm catching up with all your posts in one go so please forgive me.
I love your alcohol inks in the lacquer. I tried this myself once, but it wasn't quite right. I must give it another go.
The triple embossed book cover is stunning, one of my favourite techniques and the inked glass looks great too. I've been meaning to get some brighter alcohol inks, I love the vibrant colours you can get nowadays.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Hugs Lisax

Janette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janette said...

sorry messing with my account trying to get it to say my name instead of Jamie's. Anyway, just wanted to say how great your card looks, glad the glass came in handy - far better than staying in a drawer here for another year or two. What a crafty week you seem to have had xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive