Monday 16 November 2009

TIKI IDOLS


I have hardly crafted anything at all lately, what with the broken ribs and Mum-In-Law staying for the past three weeks, haven't had much chance to do anything.  I took the opportunity at the weekend with Andy away taking his Mum home to spend both Saturday and Sunday going through my craft stash and put it into some order, it was a mess and I wasn't enjoying working with it because I couldn't remember where anything was, doh.  Sometimes you just have to take the time to tidy it......I feel much better now it's done :)

A birthday card for our friend using and old faithful stamp that I love and a good one for men :)  Stamped up the image with clear versamark ink and carefully sprinkled with a variety of coloured embossing powders (shaking off the excess with each colour before selecting the next colour), the last colour being a matt gold.  I collect the mixed colours of powder and save in a separate container, which makes an interesting colour and it of course changes all the time.  Finished off with wobbly eyes and a sticker from Life's Journey.


The next is a card I made a while ago, but just sent it to a friend.  The flower is a chipboard flower from The Artistic Stamper, covered in various pigment inks and topped with a topping of clear embossing powder or UTEE (cannot remember now).  Unfortunately the photo hasn't come out very well, I must set up a little studio for taking photos, there is always the wrong light or I am using Andy's camera, which I am not so familiar with and I just lose patience!



 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi carol, how are you ? Hope all is well and i do love both of these especially that brilliant top one its a fab make,very classy and fun too
hugs June x

lisa said...

Hi Carol. Glad you've had a chance to do some crafting. Although tidying is something we all put off it can be quite theraputic can't it and you always find things you've forgotten about.
I love both your cards, especially that UTEE flower. The colours are beautiful.

Lisax

Christine (All She Crafts) said...

Wow! Carol, I love these. I love the unusual, original touches. You really stand out from the crowd.

Thank you for paying me more visits and comments. I am honoured. :o)

Hope the ribs are getting better.

Hugs,
Chris xx

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive