Tuesday 24 March 2009

Christmas Cactus & felted bag

This is my first finished felted bag. Not feeling very well yesterday and today, I decided to finish the bag I have been working on this past month as there is only so much TV you can watch during these times. I knitted one before, but the wool didn't felt, but luckily it looks nice as it is. I was really amazed when I took this out of the washing machine to see that my knitting had transformed into something completely different, I am quite pleased with the result. The buttons are from Mum-In-Law's buttons stash, which look nicer in the flesh than in the photo.
I inherited this christmas cactus from my Mum, but during the past 10 years that she has been gone now it has hardly flowered, but I absolutely love it when it does because it makes me think of her. It has decided to flower during the middle of March and only three flowers, but I had to just photograph the flowers as even though not often they are spectacular when they do show their faces!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive