Sunday 19 September 2010

I have been crafting - honest


It's been really funny lately because I have been crafting a lot, but not had anything to put on here (probably because they are still unfinished) apart from the odd card and that's only if I had time to take a photo first!  So.....thought I'd share with you a couple of the unfinished things.  I have been on a couple of courses, creative embroidery, which is once weekly, a one day course for machine embroidery and a one day course for freeform crochet....oh and when watching the TV have been crocheting squares as I am making a snuggly blanket for when I am watching the TV, lol.  It is made up of 30 squares and I have three or four to go and then I can stitch them together.  I'm really into the textile side of things and recently went to the O2 Textile exhibition at Hyde Hall and was blown away with what was on show there, I took photos, but need to check first to see whether they don't mind me putting some of them on here.  Anyway.........The above is an unfinished piece that I started back in May, I had no idea where it was going and I was making it up as I went along and still not sure how it will end up....Debbie if you are looking, yes it is the landscape and I promise to finish it and I promise to show it, lol.

This is a practice piece of machine embroidery, not the whole picture as again it is not finished, what am I like?  Oh...and there is another: -

Yes, you've guessed, not finished, lol.  This is a piece that I did at the workshop, which is really fun.  Lots of fused pieces of organza, embroidered and then the edges burned off with a soldering iron....I will finish it, honest :)

6 comments:

Sally H said...

Oh my goodness, those are beautiful! How multi talented you are! Love them all, but particularly the top piece

lisa said...

These are stunning, Carol. I love this sort of creative embroidery and bought a book with the intention of having a go myself. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near as good as you and haven't done any for years. My creative side doesn't flow with stitches. I still love looking at it though and admiring how much talent there is behind it.
Hugs Lisax

brenda said...

Hi Carol

I'm on big time catch up, off to look round at what I've missed but the work on this post looks stunning.

Hopefully back into blogland again unrestrained so will be back.

B x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Carol, it was lovely to find you here! and I was so pleased to have met you at the shop yesterday! both you and your hubby were lovely. I am loving your blog and the complete array of work on here, the embroidery is simply stunning!!! hope you have a good weekend, and will see you again sometime I hope. Hugs Linda x

Pattie said...

Lovely work Carol,we are like minded me thinks lol x

suziqu's thread works said...

Hello Carol
You are a lady of many talents indeed! - the machine embroidery is beautiful - keep it going! You are in the fortunate position of being able to choose which talent to develop. All your work is lovely! Good Luck. And thanks for following.
All very best wishes, Suzy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive