Friday 15 May 2009

Some old stuff


I haven't been able be very creative lately due to the fact that a) I have been making lots of wedding invitations and b) been helping out a friend going through a bad time and c) Just didn't know what to start on. I have lots of materials to work with and lots of new things, but couldn't make my mind up.......so have decided to put some pictures of past projects so at least I have something new to put on my blog!

FISH - used outliner paint onto acetate, covered the back with textured scaly paper and then painted with glass paints.


















IRIS FOLDING
- Anna who designs these stamps owns a craft shop quite nearby so Janette and I was lucky enough to attend one of her classes. I love this technique as you can make each card look so different.














I made this card for my Sister last year, I love the colours and used a fridge magnet and got the sewing machine out. I had to use rather thick card to hold the weight of the fridge magnet, which is why I held it together with some nice fibre.











This is one of my favourite stamps, bought for me by my Sister-In-Law Janette, I have put it to good use.
















Another one of my favourite stamps (hand). is from Cherry Pie Art Stamps http://www.cherrypieartstamps.com/ This was made for my brother last year, it is often hard to make cards for men, but I have used this one many times. For the background I used alcohol inks and stamped the script and image with black StazeOn. The cuff link is a brad.























I love my Tiki Idols stamp and again makes a good card for a man. I usually cut each image out and adhere them with sticky pads.






This is Janette's 40th birthday card that I made for her. The number 40 and the text was printed on the computer and black embossing powder very quickly poured over it before the ink dries, it works sometimes.... The images were stamped with clear embossing ink and then I carefully put different coloured embossing powders on each image. I really like the effect. It is difficult to keep the powders separate after doing this, so I have a pot of mixed powder, which makes and interesting colour/effect.












This is a card made for a 50th birthday, one of my favourites.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive