Wednesday 17 April 2013

Three Bags Full Sir!


BAG MAKING WITH SUE

Had an absolutely fabulous day on Saturday making bags with Sue. Sandra, Kim, Sue and me go back a long way, we met on our first day of secondary school, aged 11 and 45 years later are still firm friends.  Sue is the seamstress amongst us and every now and again we get together and have a craft day and for the first time chose some kind of sewing.  Sue had already made some bags to the highest spec and basically taught us how to do the same!  We have all dabbled in a bit of dress-making, but I have never lined something before to this standard, I did my wedding dress, but that was easy.  Our top stitching may not be as good as Sue's, but we were all pretty proud of what we produced in her kitchen.  Each piece of the pattern was cut out four times, the main fabric, the Interfacing, the lining and the interlining.....phew that seemed to take ages, but well worth it in the end as it gives a lovely expensive feel to the bags.


The beautiful lining in Kim and my bags


Top-stitching on the straps on my bag to help stiffen them


The material on my bag frayed so overlocked the edges


Kim's finished bag


Sandra's finished bag, which is the same design as mine, but how different it looks in different material


My finished bag - the panels at the front are pockets, which are also lined


back view of my bag







1 comment:

suziqu's thread works said...

You've done such a great job on that bag Carol! I make bags too and my loved-to-bits bag at the moment has quite a frayed handle but I can't bear to stop using it at present (LOL!).
Thanks for your kind visit and comment on the dried roses!
Enjoy some lovely Spring weather!
Suzy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive