Saturday 17 April 2010

Painting in the sunshine

Decided to sit outside in the garden this afternoon, so found some crafting that I could easily do outside.  This happened to be (sorry) another air dry clay item from my last batch.  

Sorry if it is getting boring now, putting the same sort of thing up, but it was easy to grab some pencils, water and brushes to go out into the garden.  The heat from the sun also helped to dry each coating of paint.  I added some gold gilt cream in places to enhance it and then, like before added clear UTEE.  This is a Cherry Pie stamp.

7 comments:

THE ELVISH GARDEN.COM said...

HI CAROL, I LOVE THE COLOURS YOU GET THERE REALLY FAIRY LIKE! THE BLUES I MEAN :-) IS THIS PIECE CLAY? ITS LOVERLY! THANKS FOR THE PUSH IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION!! GREAT TO SEE YOU, DIDD YOU MANAGE TO REMEMBER EVERYTHING EILEEN SAID TO YOU? HA HA H XX

Sheila said...

Am loving your blog - just spent an hour flicking thru it when I should be doing ironing!! SO amny links to shrink plastic etec. Will be visiting again soon. Loving your work - not just cardmaking but real crafting!!
Sheila:)X

lisa said...

Hi Carol. I could never get tired of seeing these clay pieces, they are so beautiful and clever you finding something to do outside. I never attempt it as paper has a tendency to blow away!!
Thank you for your lovely comments. Fancy you being in Knaresborough recently, that is only about 10 miles from me and we love visiting too, it has a real holiday feel. I'd not heard of Parbold but it sounds really interesting. Will have to look it up.
Hope you have a lovely week.

Lisax

Lynn Stevens said...

Its lovely and never get tired of seeing your art! How nice to be able to enjoy creating outside!

Heavens2Betsy said...

This is so beautiful Carol. I am amazed at what wonderful effects you achieve. I love air drying clay but it never looks like this! Very creative - it is so much your medium! x

Carole said...

love this :) & just been browsing your blog x

made at greenlodge said...

what a clever idea. Love the colours and stamps you use.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive