Sunday 15 August 2010

I'm back!

I have been away even longer this time, mainly because I have been using needles of various sorts to craft, plus the weather was too hot to sit in our office, but now the weather is cooler will perhaps do a bit more paper crafting. 
I made this yesterday for our friend's 60th birthday, I was told she loves fairies.  This was stamped with  black Stazon and coloured with pencils.  The wings have glossy accents on them and the background is a mixture of stamp pads (sponged on) and glimmer mist.  It probably needs re-sizing, but I haven't had time to do that yet, so when you click on it, it could be enormous!  Been busy this summer with a few courses, Scrumble (free form crochet), hand embroidery and machine embroidery, which I have enjoyed immensely - all of which are unfinished, lol but I will put them on here when I have!  

Two weekends ago had visitors from the the North and we took them to Kentwell Hall in Long Melford, Suffolk as our ten year old nephew absolutely loves history and they had a world war II theme going on.  It is such a lovely building just had to share one or two photos with you.  Despite the rain, we had a lovely day :)
It is a beautiful Tudor building
This is around the side of the building and the water is the moat, which completely surrounds the house.
As I said the theme was WWII and this later is acting as a school teacher and was in fact a school teacher to the evacuees during the war, she must have been very young.  She was holding a class for any children who wanted to take part, the boy on the left is Jamie, our nephew, whose thirst for knowledge when it comes to history is huge!
Lastly, Andy took this photo of this lovely needlework, from inside the house, nearly 100 yrs old, I wonder if my work will still be hanging on someone's wall, ha ha

2 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Carol

I'm still on my mad catch up from my holidays, seems to be taking me forever. Mind you not helped by new puppy muts, not the brightest idea right on the back of our hols.

A fairy card, so of course I adore it.

Hope all is well with you.


B x

My name is Cindy said...

Hi Carol, good to see you posting, love the card and I'm sure your needlework will still be around in 100 years time!! That really is a beautiful Tudor builgin, love the red brick.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive