Wednesday 23 February 2011

Ah.....she posts something - long time no do!

Yes it is becomming less and less these days, not because I'm not crafting, oh no definitely not, just lots of unfinished projects!

I went to the show at Towerlands, Braintree on Saturday with my friend Eileen and bought a few goodies.  I am lucky that it is almost on my doorstep.  It was nice to have Eileen with me to advise on some fabrics that I bought for a future creation that I will do in my Thursday night class (creative embroidery).  I was inspired by a demonstration made with some Sakura 3D crystal lacquer (so I bought a bottle),which essentially is glue.  Can't say that I like it as much as Glossy Accents (and it was more expensive).
 I inked up a piece of acetate with three or four colours of alcohol inks without using any blending solution. and I smeared and made circles with the applicater  On the same side as the ink was applied I poured in a random pattern some 3D crystal lacquer and then laid some tissue paper over it that had been scrunched and left it to dry for a few hours.  When dry it gives a lovely effect, but this was lost when laid on a piece of white card so I matted it onto some gold mirror card, that reflected the lovely patterns the tissue paper and glue had created.  It was a bit messy as unlike Glossy Accents this glue was runny and the final outcome is not that neat, but I love the textures and patterns that formed.  The last thing I wanted to do was cover it so I just stamped on the otherside with black Staz-On.
Not a great photo, but the colour is quite true and where the flash is reflecting you can really see the texture underneath.  I think I have seen a similar technique in Craft Stamper, but using KLEAR floor polish and tissue paper, I will have to try that to see if I like it better as it will be a lot cheaper than these little bottles!  I also think that it would work well with baking foil underneath....will have to try that too!

The next card is for a friend of mine who has just become pregnant with her second child, so out comes the lovely drawing that Janette did a few years ago....
This time I made a smaller card (A6) and printed the image onto vellum, it was a bit too grey so tried to brighten it up with bright pink brads which also attached the vellum to the card.





2 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Sue Jefferies teaches this technique as 'caught in crystal' I seem to remember. Using glossy accents instead of the klear (which I never seem to see in the supermarket) but it is all basically the same!! Looks good if you have some of the metal mixative and you can also stick a load of glitter in there too!!! Great sticky fun!!

Sally H said...

looks like a great effect Carol. Love the yummy Mummy card too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Blog Archive