Yes it is becomming less and less these days, not because I'm not crafting, oh no definitely not, just lots of unfinished projects!
I went to the show at Towerlands, Braintree on Saturday with my friend Eileen and bought a few goodies. I am lucky that it is almost on my doorstep. It was nice to have Eileen with me to advise on some fabrics that I bought for a future creation that I will do in my Thursday night class (creative embroidery). I was inspired by a demonstration made with some Sakura 3D crystal lacquer (so I bought a bottle),which essentially is glue. Can't say that I like it as much as Glossy Accents (and it was more expensive).
I inked up a piece of acetate with three or four colours of alcohol inks without using any blending solution. and I smeared and made circles with the applicater On the same side as the ink was applied I poured in a random pattern some 3D crystal lacquer and then laid some tissue paper over it that had been scrunched and left it to dry for a few hours. When dry it gives a lovely effect, but this was lost when laid on a piece of white card so I matted it onto some gold mirror card, that reflected the lovely patterns the tissue paper and glue had created. It was a bit messy as unlike Glossy Accents this glue was runny and the final outcome is not that neat, but I love the textures and patterns that formed. The last thing I wanted to do was cover it so I just stamped on the otherside with black Staz-On.
Not a great photo, but the colour is quite true and where the flash is reflecting you can really see the texture underneath. I think I have seen a similar technique in Craft Stamper, but using KLEAR floor polish and tissue paper, I will have to try that to see if I like it better as it will be a lot cheaper than these little bottles! I also think that it would work well with baking foil underneath....will have to try that too!
The next card is for a friend of mine who has just become pregnant with her second child, so out comes the lovely drawing that Janette did a few years ago....
This time I made a smaller card (A6) and printed the image onto vellum, it was a bit too grey so tried to brighten it up with bright pink brads which also attached the vellum to the card.